
Once again I am slow to post, but this one is blogworthy, so I copied and pasted from an email that I sent my Aunt Cheryl.
"One of our geese has started to be mean and has been biting a lot. It tackled Cole yesterday and bit through his pants and gave him and ugly bruise. I have been complaining about the geese forever because they eat a lot of feed and now that they are bitting so hard, I really don't like them! I guess Mark had had enough of the biting because it got him too. So tonight, Mark disappeared for a little while and then I heard him come in the house. I went in the kitchen to see what he was doing and there was something that resembled a raw turkey sitting in a pan. I knew we hadn't bought a turkey...OMG! That was the Goose! He wants to eat it tomorrow night. I know that is the circle of life, but it was our pet!! I have never ate one of my pets before, since I never grew up on a farm. So I am having a hard time with the whole thing and kinda wanna puke. I am happy that we will be going through less feed though. We have been spending $38 a month!!"
So I didn't end up cooking it Monday night like I was suppose to, but when Tuesday came I decided it would be a good night to cook it because I had a meeting at City Hall and wouldn't be home to help eat it. I found out how to cook it on the Internet. Mark started to dish the kids up just as I was leaving. I heard him tell Alyssa that he had a surprise for her after dinner. (The surprise was telling her she had just ate her pet goose) I thought, "Oh No, I could have a 5 year old vegetarian when I come home. Turns out, the kids and hubby devoured the goose, like it was Thanksgiving and Alyssa wasn't disturbed at all. She thought it tasted really good and said "Mom, that is what farmers do, they raise their animals".
Organic Goose
3 comments:
Wow Candace that is so crazy. Mark is hilarious. I can't believe that i didn't freak Alyssa out, she is so big.
That is seriously insane! I don't know whether to laugh or be really sad by it. My dad got mad at one of our cats once and took it out to the river and shot it, but we didn't have to eat it afterwards. We were all really mad at him even if it was a mean cat.
I LOVE that you have chickens and geese! seriously, that's so green of you and I wish I had space in my yard for some. And props to the kids for liking their dinner!
Post a Comment