Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Yellowstone Bear World
We heard on the news that you could go to Bear World for free and hold the bear cubs. You could pay 15 bucks for a picture if you wanted. They also said that Bear World had ten little cubs this year. I know normally admission for this place is pretty steep. I had never been, and thought the kids might enjoy it, and since we live pretty close, we decided to go. I knew it would probably be pretty crowed, but thought with 10 cubs to go around, we should get to play with one a bit. Well, the real story was that if you wanted to hold a cub, you had to purchase the picture. You could pick one person in your group to hold the cub for the picture and they took it away and soon as the picture snapped. The other people in your group, could pet the bear on the way out. With a line going out the door, they only had one cub out! It wasn't so bad for us because Cole didn't care that he didn't get to hold the bear, not because he was scared of the bear, but because he was scared of the lady holding it. He did pet it though. I am sure that families with several kids were disappointed at not all getting a turn. The cub was real cute though and we were glad we got to see it--We are loving that Mark is home more so we can go on little family outings!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Adorable photo...your kids are getting so big!
That is one of my pet peeves is places advertising things to get you in and then it is NOT what they advertised at all.
Oh well, at least you got the photo and a fun family memory......you can't put a price on memories!
So glad you have more time with Mark!! I sure treasure every moment that Tracy and I get together and every second that we get to be together as a family.
Great post!
I get a kick out of your writing style Candace.
Funny post!
Great family pic and that's great you guys are able to enjoy Mark more.
I can't believe how old Cole is getting! He is so cute! Watch out girls!
Post a Comment