Friday, March 13, 2009

The Kiddos


Cole has been really interested in the potty and has been "practicing" a lot. Notice him "wiping" in the first picture. I know we won't be potty training for a while, but am glad that he likes to practice. He did go poop in the potty the first of February though. I am not sure how that ever happened. He refuses to sit on the potty without his clothes and will yell "No Potty, No Potty!" if he's naked.

And Miss Alyss....she was asked to go up to her room and get dressed. When she came back down stairs, she had this pink sweater wrapped around her waist with the sleeves tied in a knot in the back. She said "Mom, I want to have a dress JUST LIKE THIS, but not with my underwear showing." Yikes!!! We both went back upstairs to find a long sleeve shirt and long pants. We chatted about modesty and dressing for the seasons--as we have several areas in our yard still covered with 3-4 feet of snow!

6 comments:

Tracy Smith said...

That's hilarious about both kiddos! Funny stuff!

Tara said...

So cute! Cole has gotten so big. Alyssa looks like a runway model. It looks like you have some fun times ahead.

Tracy Smith said...

(this is actually Kimberly...didn't realize I was logged in under Tracy)
Alyssa is a little pistol....I think you she's going to give you a run for your money (wink).

Cole is adorable....Ethan wasn't a problem at all to potty train...he wanted to wear big boy underwear like his dad and so it only took a few days and he was done. In fact, a funny note...2 days after he was potty trained we went on a family trip and at the campground we were at he didn't know where the bathroom was at and he couldn't fint us and so he didn't want to have an accident and so he pulled down his pants and just went on the spot (#2). It was funny and sweet at the same time.

You have a fun life!

Newton said...

Oh dear!!! Where have I seen a pose like this??? Let me think.... it's coming back to me. I'm remembering an apron, Shanley's house, yellow gloves? hahahaha!!

derrickandlisadye said...

So funny! Alyssa reminds me so much of you Candace. Cute kids though and good luck when it comes time to potty train. I am not looking forward to potty training a boy. I'm trying to block it from my mind. Eventually he'll just do it himself right? :)

Robison's said...

The kids sure can be funny at times. I think it's cute that Cole is sorta interested in the potty. Porter will not have anything to do with it. I guess it's just easier to do it in a diaper.