Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter


The kids after church.


My Mom has this pet bunny that lives in her house. Alyssa and Cole love it! I had to hold her for a picture for Easter, not a great pose, but it is the only way you can hold her without getting bit. She loves to be petted, but is scared of heights. We have a family egg hunt every year and this year it was at my Mom and Dad's house. We have a yummy breakfast and egg hunt/games for the kids. I am so glad we started this tradition 4 years ago. Participating in community egg hunts, where you have to fight for your kids to get one egg, while trying not to get trampled on, do not sound fun. What we do, is sooo much better! Next year the party will be at our house. We are excited because our yard will be great for the egg hunt!


Cole was not happy about participating in a family picture (he gets that from his Dad), notice his mad pout face.

We had these bunny masks for the kid's egg hunt. We made the eye holes small for the big kids to give them a disadvantage.




Alyssa got a bike ridding lesson from Grandpa afterward.


5 comments:

Tracy Smith said...

Awesome run-down on the Easter egg hunt (and really fun pics). I am so glad we have this tradition! Jade and Ethan had been looking forward to it for weeks.

Great Post!

Genessa said...

It was a great idea. Maybe next year Bridger won't get hurt and he will be up for finding eggs. Love all the pictures.
Happy Anniversary also you guys. Eight years WOW!

Kimmie said...

Adorable photos! I love the one of the bunny/colored eggs and I love Cole's expression in your family photo. He is hilarious!

Thanks for sharing...I enjoy your Blog!

Favs From My Kitchen to Yours!! said...

The bunny masks are such a good idea! We're totally doing them next year! Maybe even have mostly blind adult hunt! YES, I would love to get together with you again and do photoshop. I'll call ya! Thanks so much Candace!

Tara said...

What a great Easter. Looks like the kids had fun. Your get a way looked like it was awesome. Hopefully we weren't Mr. and Mrs. XXXXX. If we were it's called sleep deprivation. I still haven't been able to get Max to sleep through the night. So, sorry if it was us.