Well, the days of Mark working at Ruby River are over. It is pretty sad. The combination of the economy being the way that it is, and Ruby River being on the expensive side, was not good. We were happy about the job because it was close to our house and easy for Mark have a job after quitting Rhodehouse Construction. Luckily, he isn't out of a job though. After firing all the managers at the Sizzler in Pokey, they transferred him to that store. So in the meantime, his resume is being sent out and we are trying to decide what to do. They wanted us to take over a store in Utah. I am totally cool about moving (I am not wild about Utah though), but I really don't want to sell our house until we get it finished. We just got Mark's transcripts from ISU, so maybe Mark will go back to school. I feel bad for all the other employees at Ruby River who lost their jobs and feel grateful that we still have one. There are rumors that they may turn the building into a Sizzler, if they can't lease it to another restaurant, so that is a job possibility too. Since the store closed on Wednesday, that meant that we got a unexpected paid vacation. We were pretty happy about that, so we hooked up to the fifth wheel and went camping! Mark's parents and bro and sis-in-law joined us. On Friday, before we left, Ryan and Britton took us out for a ride on their new boat. It was so much fun. I even climbed in the tube, clothes and all. I hated having a wet butt in jeans, but it was worth it.
Ryan found this butterfly and brought it to us. We had fun playing with it. Can you believe that Elly was scared to hold it??? She will play with a worm, but not a butterfly. Funny kid.
Sweet Baby Paige
Cole just wanted to stomp on the butterfly, while I was trying to take pictures of it. What a BOY!
All the kids enjoyed making smores. Cole loved the fire and kept saying, fire, fire, fire. He learned that it is hot, by picking up a hot rock. Yikes! Good thing I had my lavendar essentail oil. It worked great on his little hand.
mmmmmm
Cole and Elly
Where are my pictures of Dean, Sherrey, Ryan and Britton??? They were really there, I promise!!
Jordan is Cole's Hero! (Other than his Dad, of coarse!)
Alyssa is always happy to get to ride her PINK four wheeler! What a fun weekend!!



4 comments:
Steffany told me a few days ago that Ruby River closed. That is SO CRAZY!!! I wouldn't be opposed to you moving to Utah though!
You can't move so far away!! What will your babes do without fam and, more importantly, what will I do without my photoshop friend??? :) JK I'm so glad you have a ton of options. Good luck and we'll talk/get together soon. Although, this summer is gonna be crazy busy. We should just plan a day in advance!
Hopefully the job thing works out however you guys want it to. It was so great to see you today and looks like you had fun camping.
YES, you and Mark are SO lucky to still have a job. In this tough economy it is such a blessing and a good feeling to have a job!
First off. I can't believe how long your hair has gotten WOW!!
That is SO much fun that you got to go out in the boat and play in the water a bit and so fun that you got to go camping as well.
It's awesome to be out in the peace of nature enjoying the beauty and spending time with family! One of these days we need to plan another Smith family outing to Granite Hot Springs for camping and swimming. Those were such fun memories!
Awesome butterfly photo and I love the butterfly on sweet baby Paige's clothes...priceless!
Alyssa is absolutely adorable in her "Camo" sitting on her pink 4-wheeler. She is growing up too fast. Hard to believe she'll be starting school this fall.
Both Cole and Alyssa are sweethearts! FUN post!!
Post a Comment