Friday, July 24, 2009

Granite Hot Springs

Granite hot springs is my family's favorite spot to go camping. We go at least once every summer. Mark and I went up a day before my parents were suppose to be there. We rolled into camp just as the sun went behind the mountain. We were driving through the campsites looking for one big enough for our trailer. As we went by, I saw some silhouettes of some people standing by a campfire. I was doing some wishful thinking to myself, saying...Could that be Kimberly and Tracy....and that little person....could that be Ethan??? So Mark yelled out "Tracy??" It WAS them!!! Whoa, what a pleasant surprise. I had no idea they were going to be up there. They only could come for one night and knew that we were all coming up the next day when they had to leave. Jade had just said that it would be cool if someone else from the family came early, but with it being so late, they knew that probably wouldn't happen. The kids were all so happy to have cousins to hang out with that night and the next day at the pool.There were so many wildflowers, I had to make Alyssa a crown.
(I'll show how I make them in the next post.)

Jade wanted to make a flower creation too.

The Granite Mountain

The view from a little hike my Mom and I went on.

My Mom and the big waterfall.

We could see the pool from the trail.

The river was raging. It was kinda scary being so close. This was upriver from the waterfall.

Alyssa went on a little hike with Grandma and Grandpa.

The Grandkids watching Bolt in G & G's trailer.

Alyssa loved playing with Angel!!

We saw this hippy van when we went for a ride on the fourwheelers. I swear I saw it at Heise a couple of weeks before. There is a note in the back window, explaining that it is NOT an abandoned vehicle so please don't haul it off. Funny.

Rob sacrificed his arm for this shot. Lots of mosquitoes!

The kids are always happy to get a ride on the wheeler.

Forrest was happy to camp with us. He was cute riding on the back of the four wheeler.

Off to the pool!

My legs know two colors. Here they are White, later they were Red, Lobster Red to be exact.

Genessa and Bridger.

Our third day at the pool, we were privilaged to get a free therapy session from this "therapist". (At first when we saw him, we thought it was a relative of Rob's.) He educated us all on sexual matters as he read out loud to us and his imaginary friends. After the pool worker told him that his material was not appropriate for the children that were swimming, things got even more entertaining. He went off about the constitution and his rights. Then he looked up to the sky and said "You were right, God, these people are just like the people in the book."

I had to laugh at Alyssa. She was doing a spread eagle back float. Her cheeks are full of air as she holds her breath to stay afloat.

Kenzie, Cole, and Ashley

You can see the rocks where the hot water comes right out of the mountain. The pool overflows into the stream and they drain and refill it every night. I love how the pool feels clean without the chlorine. We had a such a great time with everyone. What a fun trip!!

3 comments:

Tara said...

Wow.Looks like a fantastic trip. I am a sewing fool, so we should get together sometime. Anytime is good for me.

Lindsi Jo said...

Wow, looks like a fun place. Where is this located?

Kimmie said...

LOVED your photos!! That Hippie bus made Tracy and I laugh really hard...I had to snap a photo of it as well!

Glad you were able to go on some little hikes. The waterfall was so gorgeous this year and the river was very high and raging.

Fun photos that you showed of everyone...I can't believe that mosquito photo!

I'm glad you posted the photo of the crazy man...he has been down in our neck of the woods because I have seen him before...I just can't think of where at.

I can't wait to see your post on making the "crown" out of the flowers. I am a "hands on" and "visual" person and since I didn't actually make one up there, it will be fun to have photo/instructions to help me out!

Hope you are having a great day and that things are going well for you!!