We had a great spot for the Idaho Falls Firework Show. Great view, great spot for the kids to play, and great parking. And it works out that the roads that we take home, avoid all the traffic. Yeah!
Aunt Mindy brought some sparklers for the kids. They loved it!
Britton, Paige, Ryan, Grandma Sherrey, Mindy and Elly
Candace, Cole, and Mark. Grandma and Grandpa Hitz, Rob and Angel, Rob's brother and cousin joined us later.

Kiddos playing with their bubble necklaces
Brooke, Cole, Candace, Alyssa, and Grandma Gloria.My cousin Brooke, her hubby and cute kiddos came to Idaho for the 4th of July weekend. The Rhodehouses got together for a BBQ. It was so good to see them all. I hadn't seen Brooke in years. We used to have lots of fun when we were kids. I have lots of fun memories with my cousin Brookie Rollerskates.
....................................................................
Last weekend we had the funnest BBQ at Grandma and Grandpa Smith's house with the whole Smith Gang. Grandpa pushed all the kids on the swing. We played the bean bag toss and volleyball. I wish I would have taken more pictures. I know my Mom got some good ones though.

The kids tossing bean bags. Can you see the river? It was high and flowing very fast. It was stressful to make sure Cole didn' t get too close!
The bean bag toss stand. What does it look like to a two-year-old?
A Potty!He sat down and practiced some grutting sounds. I was laughing so hard!

Alyssa had a pioneer primary activity where all the kids got to dress up. We didn't have any pioneer clothes, so I went to the DI. I was lucky to find this dress. I thought there would be tons of options, but when I was looking through the racks, I had to keep telling myself, "Pioneer not Polygamist". I wished I would have had more time and I would have sewed her up a matching bonnet. I was able to make her a little pioneer hat and finished sewing it just before she walked out the door. She was really happy when she came home. She told me all about the pioneers, and the games they played.
.........................................................
Some friends of ours invited us over to watch them rope, and let the kids ride their pony.



Alyssa was so excited, she made sure she had her pink cowgirl hat and pink cowgirl boots!.........................................................
We took the kids to the Rigby Stampeed Days Parade. Alyssa didn't want to ride the Rhodehouse float this year. She said "I want to get the candy, not throw it!"
Cole stuffing his pockets. He knows that Mom takes the candy bags away after the parade.
Watching Rigby's Stampeed Days Parade with Grandma and Grandpa.
Aunt Ashley with the dance team.
We were laughing when we went to Wendy's after the parade and saw this!
3 comments:
What a fun busy summer. Looks like you've been having a great time.
Oh Idaho!!! What a great summer you are having! I want to live at Candace's house!! Can you adopt me?
Okay fiirst off, I have to admit, I am totally wierded out that Ashley is old enough to be on the H.S dance team...I knew she would be, but since I have a hard time really thinking of my own little sister as older than 12, I just can't see Ashley as older than 5 or 6...oh, where does the time go? Funny thing...I knew before you mentioned it in the blog that your cousin Brooke had to be the Brookie Rollerskates you used to talk about. To this day I cannot meet a Brooke without feeling the urge to call her this name. (I think I did it on accident to a girl I danced with at BYU once and she just gave me a bizzarre look like: "What did you just call me?"...I just laughed inside. I knew my explaination would take away from the humor). Same goes for whenever someone says "Me Too!" I almost always feel the insatiable urge to shout out "Eagle" to complete the statement. I must say, "Who can say if I've been changed for the better? But because I knew you, I have been changed for good." (Lyrics stolen from the Broadway musical, Wicked...hopefully Shannon and I will be attending at the end of this month).
Post a Comment