Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I've caught a flu bug

Again, lots to blog about, but it will have to wait. I just came down with the flu. Fever, chills, body aches, sore lymph glands, stuffy nose.... and to top it off, I can't quit weeping for my cousin, Anya. Her five year old daughter, Rachel, was in a tragic accident Saturday and didn't make it through. I cannot imagine anything worse than loosing a child. Please pray for my family. ( I am sad there are so many miles between Arizona and Idaho and I can't physically be there for her.)
http://www.amymorby.com/ourangel_rachelallen

Lots of pictures of Bear Lake-Alyssa's first day of school to come soon. As soon as I get feeling better.

And on a happier note, Mark has another possible job opportunity-YEAH!!

4 comments:

Lindsi Jo said...

I hope things start looking up for you Candace! I don't have the flu but I have had a cold for a week and a half and it won't go away... you would think it would get better after a few days. I am so sorry to hear about your cousin! Honestly can't imagine anything worse, especially at such a young age.

Kimmie said...

Candace, I am SO sorry to hear about your cousins little girl!! Tracy told me about it and I was just saddened tremendously by it. I can't imagine if anything ever happened to my boys!

I'm SO sorry you have the flu bug and I hope you get feeling better REAL soon. It's no fun when mom is sick, because there's no one to take care of you and sometimes kids don't understand.

I'm excited to see your photos of Bear Lake and how fun that Alyssa is starting school...can't wait to read all of the details of the FUN going on in your house.

Your family is in our prayers and that's exciting that Mark has another job possibility. Have a great weekend!!

Tara said...

Oh, Candace! That just breaks my heart. I am so sorry for your families loss. If there is anything I can do for you let me know.

Can't wait to see upcoming pictures and Good Luck Mark!

Live Out Loud said...

Wow, I am deeply saddened. It is so hard to understand the death of a child. The world is always at a loss when it looses a little one. All my love to your family. I am sure there will be many difficult days ahead. I was recently touched by the following words from Ernest Hemingway, "The world breaks us all. Afterward, some are stronger at the broken places." It is true. Though like many such statements likely offer little to no comfort at times of great tragedy.

I hope you have recovered from the flu and are feeling better by now. I look forward to updates on your family summer fun and the first day of school.