
Alyssa missed her first day of school because we were in Bear Lake. School started early this year and I had planned our trip before I knew. No big deal, it's kindergarten. Most Mom's get all teary eyed when their babies start school, but not me. She was ready to start last year and we were both were counting the down the days. I am a little bummed that she is stuck in kindergarten and is the oldest in her class. I couldn't believe when I dropped her off that they only get red crayons as they are introducing one color at a time. Poor Alyssa knows her alphabet and the sounds they make and is putting words together so to only let her have red crayons??? I hope they move quickly and that she doesn't get too board. I picked her up from school because she had an appointment with the orthodontist to get her retainer. A retainer for a 5-year old??? I thought it was crazy too, but one of her baby teeth never came in because it is fused to the bone. The retainer is to move the other baby teeth out of the way so they can dig it out of the bone. We saw from the x-ray that her permanent teeth up above are a mess-One is laying sideways. Getting her stuck baby tooth taken care of will make her braces easier. I guess we are getting a head start on all of that. She got a pink retainer with sparkles. She wears it 24/7 and even eats with it so we don't have to worry about loosing it. She just takes it out to brush. It doesn't have a wire across the front, so if you don't know, you can't even tell she is wearing one. She has been really good about wearing it. Good Girl!


Her second day of school is when she got to ride the bus. What a big girl! So far she likes to go to school. And if you ask her what her favorite part is "Recess", of course.
No comments:
Post a Comment