Saturday, March 13, 2010

Bountiful Baskets

Okay, I know it's kinda lame to take a picture of your groceries, but I had to show just how much produce you can get for $15 with the bountiful basket food co-op.

2 big bunches of celery
9 cucumbers
2 little bags radishes
1 acorn squash
2 heads lettuce
1 head cabbage
3 bunches asparagus
1 big bunch of bananas
6 kiwis
1 carton strawberries
1 carton blueberries
3 lbs of apples

I weighed my basket and it was around 28 lbs which makes the produce around 54 cents a pound. Order and pay online on Monday @ bountifulbaskets.org and then pick it up on Saturday. Wonderful.

Every week is a different assortment. You don't have to order every week. Volunteer to help unload the truck when you can. I am in love and it makes me wanna go vegetarian. Who knew a person could get so excited about produce :-)

2 comments:

Live Out Loud said...

My friend K introduced me to this wonderful phenomenon about a year ago...I too am giddy in love and oh so happy about the price. Though I must admit, my bountiful basket never looks as pretty as yours. Yours should be an advertisement for the co-op. Really, send it to them, maybe they will use it (then your groceries would be famous:).

Kimmie said...

I just found out about this a month ago...someone told me about this since I'm the ward food storage/emergency preparedness specialist.

I haven't done it yet, since the two Saturdays they have delivered them I was going to be out of town and didn't have someone to pick my things up, but that is what I am going to do next week because they will be arriving on the 27th and we will for sure be home that day.

It looks like great stuff for a great price and what a great way to get your kids to eat different things. If you tell your kids this is all the produce you have I'm sure they will turn into NOT picky eaters and gain a palette for a variety of different fruits and vegetables.

Looking forward to doing this and I can't wait to see what variety we get in our shipment.

Have a great day!