Three years ago today, we were blessed with a son. Remembering back to that day....Mark was in Boise for work. I told him over the phone, he'd better come home because the midwife thought I would have the baby that night. Mark rushed home and we went to the hospital in the morning. It was a Saturday. I was in labor all day. Since we were using a midwife to deliver him, we didn't use any drugs to speed things along. Finally by 10:00 pm he came. I really liked having the midwife. She did so many cool things that helped me with the contractions and she walked the halls with me, which I loved. After he was born though, it took a team to put me back together again. The midwife had done lots of stitches before, but I was a mess, so she called the doctor--Glad I was in the hospital for that. While we were in the hospital, all my family was at home celebrating Christmas. (My brother was leaving for basic training on Monday, so we celebrated Christmas early) I was happy that he wasn't born on Christmas day, but it still felt like we missed it that year. When I remember back, I can't help, but remember how some weren't so happy with our choice of name. I hate that. I kept thinking "Why are people so upset? We just had a beautiful, healthy, baby, can't people just be happy for us???" I remember I had a night terror that someone was yelling at me saying "Makai??!!!, Well why didn't you just name him Malachi??"" Lots of tears were shed. It was pretty crazy, to say the least. Well, Mark and I stuck with the name we agreed on and I am glad we did (even though some thought that we should change it). I wasn't wild about it at first. I liked the name, Colton James. (Mark did not like the name Colton and James wouldn't work since our last name is Taylor) But I also wanted Mark to be the one to have the final say, since the baby was a boy. Since it was Christmas time, "Cole" was fitting and it was a shortened version of Colton. I still don't know where Mark came up with Makai. It seemed to have a nice ring to it...."Cole Makai". I can't imagine calling him anything different.
1 week old
6 months old
1 year old
18 months
18 months
2 years
3 years old
In is favorite train outfit and train whistle in hand. He wears these overalls all the time!
We sure love this little boy. He has such a fun personality. He is at such a fun age right now. He is talking lots and always making us laugh. He is such a tease. He loves trains and gets excited every time we have one go past our house, which is usually a couple of times a day. He loves his "sissa" and gets worried when she is not around. I always have to remind him "It's okay buddy, Alyssa is at school". He loves to ride on your shoulders and is always trying to climb up there. We celebrated his birthday a month ago, and I am glad we did because this week is too crazy with Christmas just around the corner. Cole is still taking about his choo choo party and keeps telling me that people ate his train cake and we need to make another one.
Happy 3rd Birthday to Cole Makai!
1 week old
6 months old
1 year old
18 months
18 months
2 years
3 years oldIn is favorite train outfit and train whistle in hand. He wears these overalls all the time!
We sure love this little boy. He has such a fun personality. He is at such a fun age right now. He is talking lots and always making us laugh. He is such a tease. He loves trains and gets excited every time we have one go past our house, which is usually a couple of times a day. He loves his "sissa" and gets worried when she is not around. I always have to remind him "It's okay buddy, Alyssa is at school". He loves to ride on your shoulders and is always trying to climb up there. We celebrated his birthday a month ago, and I am glad we did because this week is too crazy with Christmas just around the corner. Cole is still taking about his choo choo party and keeps telling me that people ate his train cake and we need to make another one.
Happy 3rd Birthday to Cole Makai!
2 comments:
I had no idea about the whole name dilemma. I didn't know you were thinking about Colton and had no idea people were teasing you about naming him Malachi.
Adorable photos. I haven't seen some of them. You had 2 adorable and sweet kids and what a blessing that we get to live so close together.
I loved reading every word of this post! Hope you are surviving your crazy week!
I started to comment like a month ago, but was interrupted and well a month later I am back. First, Cole is such a cutie, seriously, he looks like the poster child of what all beautiful boys should look like. Further, I love Cole's name. Not that it matters, because I don't think anyone but you (the parents and namer) really has the right to give an opinion for good or bad when it comes to baby names, but that is just me. As a rule, though both our babies were pretty much named prior to conception, I have not shared these names with anyone except my little sister because we are afraid of too many negative or positive comments from others. We often wornder what will happen if/when we have a little boy. I seem to have a limitless fountain of what I think are unique baby girl names dancing in my brain most of the time. But, I register blank when it comes to boy names. Maybe I will have to ask you or your husband for suggestions...this is not an announcement. We may not be done, but we are not even thinking about more for a while...Enough. Happy Birthday to Cole. Congrats to you and happy new year.
Post a Comment