Friday, September 4, 2009

Summer Catch Up

This is really where I should have been this summer, but I just couldn't seem to work it in. This is the 3 day Teton Crest hike I did back in 2005. The last time I thought I could go, I was pregnant and the group I was hiking with didn't think it was a good idea for me to go. Then the next summer I had a nursing baby I couldn't leave. I keep thinking "next summer maybe I can go again", but I haven't made it back. So for real this time "Maybe next summer
(2010)" Don't forget about me, Tracy and Kimberly, I really want to go!

Instead of a great hike, this is what I did......
My parents got extra tickets for us to go with them to Joel's company party at Tauphus Park.

The kids loved the zoo.

Alyssa has been wanting a peacock really bad. She was happy to get to see one at the zoo.

Me and my favorite little people.
..........................................

We put Alyssa in swimming lessons at the Ammon Pool. We will definitely be doing it again. I am a terrible swimmer and don't want my kids to struggle in the water like I do.

She was a little nervous at first and didn't want to go under the water.

She was so happy the first day, when she realized she knew a little girl in her class. She had been to a birthday party a month before and met Maddy.

The last day, they get to jump off the diving board.

Hooray Alyssa! Her face is in the water without plugging her nose!!
I think this is amazing because I can't do it!

Her teacher said on her report card that her spider arms were flawless.
Great Job Sis!!
................................................


We picked the best day to go to Ross Park and practically had the place to ourselves. It was a great day. We went with a group from our ward. Mark swam with us for a while and then left for work. When we got done swimming, we went to eat at Sizzler to see him before heading home. He made us the best raspberry shake. Yum! (It was way better than the ones we got in Bear Lake!)
..............................................

Mark is never wild about getting his picture taken, but I am glad he let someone snap this picture of us. It would have been great to have the kids in it too, but that was a little too torturous at the moment.

My Mom loves when our whole family is together. We took this picture at Joel's 50th birthday party. There were a couple of us that came after we took the picture and I had to photoshop them in. Any guesses who?

Rob was so funny. He surprised us all, with a reenactment of what we saw at Granite. We all laughed so hard! Even complete with the guy's funny tattoos.

1 comment:

Live Out Loud said...

What fun!! I hope you are able to do the Teton crest hike next summer. It is so good to get your kids in swim lessons really early. There is a big difference in the swimming abilities of my siblings because of this. Because we are always in water, I want to put Lola in lessons within the next year. Good work with your photoshop skills. My guesses are Shane and Ashley (is that really Ashley?!). If I am right attribute it to the fact that Aaron almost completed a degree in graphic design before deciding to go into construction management (he still does some free lance work on occasion). I have seen A LOT of photoshop, illustrator, dreamweaver, adobe primere pro, avid...